10 Interesting Facts About Montenegro
Facts About Montenegro
1. Montenegro spans only 14.000 sq miles, in one day you can enjoy swimming in the beautiful Adriatic sea, take a stroll through the vibrant and history-rich central region, then finish the day skiing in the serene mountain slopes.
2. Montenegrins are some of the tallest people in Europe, with the average height being 185 cm.
3. Montenegro has 117 beaches along its coast.
4. Montenegro is first on The World Tourism and Travel Council’s (WTTC) list of countries where tourism is a strategic industry.
5. Tara Canyon which is situated in Montenegro is Europe’s biggest canyon.
6. Lake Skadar is the largest lake in Southern Europe. It is one of the largest bird reserves in Europe.
7. In terms of volume, Tara Canyon is Europe’s biggest canyon. It is 82km (51mi) in length, 1,300m (4,300ft) deep and 914m (3,000ft) at its widest point.
8. Village Crkvice on Mount Orjen is the wettest place in Europe with the highest total annual precipitation of 5,000mm.
9. Montenegro is home to one of the oldest olive trees in the world. It is said to be over 2000 years old.
10. Montenegro is a diverse country in terms of ethnicity, language and religion with a mixture of Montenegrins, Serbs, Bosnians and Albanians practicing Christianity, Islam and Catholicism.
Feel free to contact us with any other questions regarding Montenegro.